Thursday, November 1, 2007

Important changes to the token loyalty program starting January 2008

We have new and excited news to share with you regarding the terms of our token loyalty program. We heard feedback from our members and listened to what you had to say. As a result, we are redesigning the loyalty token program starting January 2008.


Starting today your tokens will never expire however in January 2008, you will not be able to redeem them for gift cards due to the fact that some advertisers don’t allow rewarding cash for certain offers and only allow rewarding tokens. This new rule will allow us to bring in new advertisers on board. You will only be able to redeem the tokens for prizes and QR merchandise. To make it clear this change only has to do with loyalty token program. You will still earn cash on the site and redeem them for Paypal or gift cards as you do now.


Another exciting change is that frequent shoppers will earn double the tokens for everything they do. If a member who is not a frequent shopper reaches $25 a month (100% on the bar) they will also be able to double the amount of tokens they earn during that month. Those that don’t earn $25 a month will not receive double tokens and will not lose 50% of the tokens.


Finally I know when other sites create changes like this they usually increase the token values of everything. We are not other websites and care about our members. We did our homework. We put ourselves in your shoes and asked ourselves “Why should we screw the members who have been so loyal to us?”. If we change the rules they will just get frustrated and will not be loyal any more. This will not be the case here with the value increases although we will be adding new merchandise/prizes and the QR branded merchandise will have a lower point value then the non-QR branded merchandise.


I am very sure that everyone will enjoy this new change. We are one of the very few rewards programs that have a loyalty program that rewards their members an additional incentive on top of the everyday reward earnings.

If you have any questions/feedback please share it by leaving a comment. This is the type of feedback I look forward to receiving so that I can improve things on QR.

19 comments:

Slingshot377 said...

These seem like great changes! GiftCards were hard to get anyways, and personally I do not see it as a huge loss considering all the new changes we are getting.
Will QR testers also receive this double token upgrade?
Finally, I suggest adding more QR merchandise. For example, you guys seem to have a close relationship with VistaPrint. Perhaps a token redemption prize can be a few hundred QuickRewards business cards with the members referral link on them?

Dmitry said...

Hi,
Yes I forgot about testers. They will get the same benefit as a frequent shopper (double tokens).

I know a contact at Vista Print very well so we will be getting a lot of prizes and super deals with them soon.

Unknown said...

I was thrilled to see my tokens not cut in half. Great change to the loyalty program, Dmitry!

red-headed Wilson's said...

I guess I may be in the minority. I feel like the most vocal people were just bitching and now a perfectly fine program will be cut. I knew it would take awhile to get enough tokens to cashout for a gift card but I figured they were a bonus anyway. It was just nice of you to give those tokens to us. I have been saving up my tokens for a Disney card and trying really hard to not lose half every month. I am bummed to see it go and that I will now have to get merchandise. I have enough "stuff" in my house and do not need more. Just my two cents

Dmitry said...

Hi deelouise,
Yes that was the problem. A lot of people didn't like the 50% cut off rule even though all these are additional bonuses. On the other hand a lot of advertisers gave us problems that our program is 100% cash only. Now we will have a non-cash portion of QR too. Email me and I will make this right for you.

Jan said...

I had half my tokens taken and emailed support this morning. How long does it take to get tokens back? I shopped twice in October (one didn't go thru yet as it was a car rental) and once in September. Am an older frequent shopper.
So the tokens will not be cut starting today but yet mine was, why?

Dmitry said...

krystlerose,
We know about that. this is why we posted a message on the front page. You will get the tokens back today.

crb said...

Will we be able to order gift cards with tokens for the rest of 2007?
Do testers still get 250,000 tokens a month?

Unknown said...

I realize that with the merchants not cooperating this change is beyond your control but this is a disappointing change for me. No point to me in working to accumulate tokens if they can't be redeemed for GC's. But since the tokens are a bonus anyway I really can't be too upset. Redeeming for GC's will be nice while it lasts.
QR is still a great program and I appreciate everything you do to make it that way.!

heavenheir said...

Dmitry, I love that the tokens will not expire. QR is the only program around that keeps things new and exciting. There are always new offers and great ways to earn so that everyone can be involved. QR is the ONLY site (IMHO) that truly cares about loyalty and treats the members with respect. Thanks for a great site!

Dmitry said...

CRB,
You can still use tokens for gift cards in 2007 and active testers will still get the same perks.

Slingshot377 said...

Heaven, I can't agree more!
CRB, when did we get 250K tokens a month o.O
I thought the only benefit was not losing tokens/double tokens.

crb said...

I got them (250,000 tookens)last month that was one of the benifits Dmitry mentioned we would get.
hopefully this months will be credited soon also.
I don't know f those will be doubled to 500,000 tokens in Jan. or not though.

kptx92 said...

This is great Dimitry. Thanks! In my opinion, it is a win, win for everybody.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm torn on this one. As a frequent shopper I wasn't losing my tokens & I was thankful for that. I'm a bit bummed because I was trying to save up for a $25 Disney gift certificate--hopefully I'll have enough for that before January.

I'll have to wait & see what types of items are offered, but I liked being able to achieve gift cards even if it takes a while.

Slingshot377 said...

Dmitry, I want my tokens ;)
I figured out the blog issue with the welcome page BTW, if you want to do it on this blog just drop me an email.

Slingshot377 said...

Dmitry hasn't added this to the blog yet, but...
http://www.quickrewards.net/news.html#news_23

Just another example of how great and caring QuickRewards is!

laura k said...

I'm alwso disappointed with cutting out the gift certificates. that's the only reason i was trying to keep my tokens every month...:(

Unknown said...

How will you know which members are freqent shoppers and are elligible for double tokens?