Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Introducing new donation option: Project Linus








A long time Quickrewards member is the area coordinator for Project Linus.

“Project Linus is a 100% volunteer non-profit organization. Our Mission is to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of NEW HOMEMADE WASHABLE blankets and quilts lovingly created by volunteer blanketeers. We also provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups to make blankets for hurting children. Many of our blanketeers cannot afford the costs of materials (fleece, yarn, fabric etc) so we provide this free to them through contributions to the San Jose Chapter of Project Linus.”

WEBSITE
http://sjlinus.org/

QuickRewards members can help Project Linus by donating their tokens (100,000 stacks) or cash balance ($1 stacks). Hopefully with everything we collect will allow Project Linus to give away a lot more blankets then they do now.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say that i think this is a great charitable cause and for 1 am glad to see you doing this, 2 weeks ago when i made a token cashout i donated to this and hope that you get a ton of tokens given to the cause
thank you

Unknown said...

Hi Dimitry, what a great way for QR and its members to give back!! I love this charity and already donate and am more than happy to give here as well. Thanks and again what an awesome person you are,always giving.

Beth said...

I make blankets all winter long to donate to this group. It's a great charity. Thanks for helping them help others.

tandt95 said...

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO USE TOKENS. I WAS DONATING MY TOKENS TO THE RED CROSS BUT THEN IT DISAPPEARED.I MAKE LAP QUILTS. CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO DONATE THESE. (ADDRESS AND SUCH)?

cyan64 said...

What a great cause! I am rather new to QR and am looking forward to the time I accumulate enough tokens to make the first of hopefully many donations. Thanks for a great site and the opportunity!

Dolores Wright said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to
Dmitri and Quick Rewards for sponsoring PROJECT LINUS. All these comments warm my heart and hopefully we will be able to reach more hurting children with your donations.
To tandt95--check the National website and see where there is a chapter near you. We always need more blankets.

Unknown said...

Great idea, I'll happily support this great effort!

Just curious, what does 100,000 tokens equate to cash wise? Hopefully more than $1.00...the stacks of the two donation types being what they are made me wonder.

xaveria2 said...

This is a great idea and bless you for thinking of a way to make donations to worthy worthwhile organizations.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that there is a donation option again - and what a terrific cause!

nancy said...

I think its a great idea to have this charity as an option for token redemption.

Does anyone know if the greenfield QR survey club/bonus is still being offered? I already took a survey today so the page I get when I click doesnt mention it so I'm wondering if its gone. That was a really good deal besides QR pays more than greenfieldonline does to take most surveys @ their site.

Dmitry said...

Hi Nancy,
We still have the bonus structure for surveys.

nancy said...

Thank you Dimitry, I have done 17 but am going to go for 20 if I can get one today and tomorrow. Will e-mail you @ yahoo to claim reward

Antbella said...

I think this is great. I will continue to donate all tokens...We really can make a difference..

heavenheir said...

I finally made it to 100,000 tokens! I was hoping this project would still be around when I could donate to it.

Thanks Dmitry.